Non-Operative Spine Care in Santa Monica, CA
If you are suffering from chronic back pain, you may think that surgery is the only option to relieve your pain and restore your mobility. However, back pain can often be treated with non-operative care from the specialized surgical staff at Marina Spine Center. Surgery is generally not the first line of treatment, as there are effective mechanisms for reducing back pain, restoring spine health, and preventing future injuries.
Non-Surgical Spine Pain Relief
There are two primary methods of treating back pain without the use of surgery, physical therapy and spinal injections. Each of these treatments can have both immediate and long-term benefits to provide a comprehensive solution to chronic pain that has not responded to prescription medication.
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapy is individualized to the needs of every patient, and it may include exercises to improve posture, relieve pressure on the spinal nerves, and build strength and flexibility. Physical therapists may also use treatments like hot/cold therapy and massage to ease muscle tension and promote the body’s natural healing process.
- Spinal Injections – There are several different types of spinal injections that can relieve pain with anti-inflammatory steroidal medications and numbing medicine to ease pain right away and facilitate greater comfort in the process of physical therapy. Unlike prescription medications, spinal injections target specific areas of the spine and promote more complete healing with more effective pain relief.
Why Pain Medication Isn’t Enough
If you visit a primary care physician to address back pain, you may be provided a prescription medication to manage your pain. While these medications can offer temporary pain relief, they will not target the underlying source of the pain. As a result, you could become dependent on pain medication, which can be habit-forming with long-term use. The non-surgical solutions from our spine doctors at Marina Spine Center are more effective alternatives that will get to the source of chronic pain and potentially eliminate the need for surgery. Our spine specialists offer the best non-operative spine care in Santa Monica, CA.
When Surgery Is Needed For Spine Therapy
Should non-operative care fail to provide complete relief, you might explore minimally invasive surgical care with our physicians. With a minimally invasive approach, surgery causes less damage to healthy tissues surrounding an injury and promotes better long-term spinal function.
To get on the path to back pain relief in Los Angeles, call Marina Spine Center at (310) 448-7890. We will help you find long-term relief from chronic back pain with a custom care approach to fit your lifestyle.
What Sets Us Apart?
- State of the Art Facility
- World Renowned Surgeons
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- Utilizing the Latest Technology
- Experts at Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Founding Member of the North American Spine Society